Friday, November 24, 2017

Alvord Mine, Part X.

Well,let's get back to my Alvord Mine visit. It was a perfect day to be in the desert, with clear skies and temperatures in the 80's.

Finding the correct route to the mine proved to be difficult, because I tried to find the site from memory. The problem is that it had been several years since I'd last been to the Alvord Mine. Consequently, I took the wrong exit from I-15. I wasn't too far off, though. Still, one of the "check points" along the route to the mine is a bullet riddled tank, located seven miles off I-15, which marks the location of Alvord Well. Despite missing this landmark, I was able to get back on course, using a paper map and the Back Country Navigator app. that is installed on my telephone. The reader will notice that I am not providing details about the route itself. This is because I don't want to be responsible for anyone getting lost!

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment