Thursday, July 19, 2018

Peek at Mormon Rocks...





More from my 7/15/18 trip...

Mormon Pioneers were supposed to have camped here, when they were passing through the area in 1851.  Although, I am not sure if the spot at which I had stopped is part of the "official" Mormon Rocks formation.  Toward the end of the video, you can see the same type of formations on the other side of Hwy. 138.

In the past, these rocks have been known as the "Rock Candy Mountains" and as the "Chanting Rocks."  The latter designation was more of an unofficial designation, based on the sound that is made when the wind passes through the many large holes in the rocks.

Again, I consider myself fortunate to have been able to produce an acceptable video here, as electrical interference with the video feed from my drone to my device made it impossible for me to see what I was filming.

I hope that you all have a great day!  And, thank you for viewing my post!







No comments:

Post a Comment