Saturday, April 3, 2021

My escape from the tyranny of petty things...Joshua Tree National Park.

Between work and some expensive home improvements, I decided to take a break from daily life.  

Joshua Tree National Park occupies a special place in my heart.  For one thing, it is the first National Park that I ever visited.  This first visit was in July, 1989, just after I'd moved to California from my native Long Island, NY.  

I feel so alive when I'm here.  Even when the park is crowded, I can find isolated spots where I can enjoy some solitude.  Staring at these desert sentinels, in the early evening light, with a light breeze rustling through the dry grasses, I can just "be."



  It almost looks as though these Joshua Trees are contemplating their fallen companion.



I parked my vehicle along the Old Queen Valley Road, and shot these two photos as the sun was going down.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment