Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Bonanza Trail, Four Wheel Drive, Photography, and Air Conditioning..

Taking photographs through your open car window is a terrible thing.  Because you are in a fixed position, it is more difficult to compose great images (referring to photographs as "images" is the mark of a true professional, by the way).  After all, how can you move in closer, back a way, or shoot from different angles if you are too lazy to get out of your Jeep.  Besides all of this, the whole purpose of driving off-road is to actually invest yourself in the back country.  Look at that old ruin up close.  Take in the majesty of Black Mountain (in the El Paso's) without the SUV's window frame limiting your view.

During the warmer months, I drive off-road with my Jeep's air conditioning engaged.  Accordingly, I become susceptible to a phenomenon that I refer to as "air conditioning lethargy".  If you see something that interests you, force yourself to stop your vehicle, exit same, and explore a little on foot!  It's tough- I battle this problem all of the time, when I'm on the trail.

I'll be back on Monday with more...have a great weekend and be safe out there on the trail!

2 comments:

  1. You should do a write up with pictures and guides for flying the drone and taking videos with it….that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably do that in the future; right now, I'm still trying to become proficient with the drone.

    ReplyDelete