Monday, December 9, 2013

Drone in the Desert...

By
Scott Schwartz

After using my Parrot AR "Quadricopter" drone on my last two desert trips, it has dawned on me that this little craft is not much more than a flying camera.  

As an experienced radio-controlled model airplane and "full-scale" airplane pilot (Private, Single-Engine Land, 780 hours total time), I will tell you that the Quadricopter does not fly like an airplane at all.. More helicopter than airplane, the little drone will hover, land and take-off vertically, and move from side-to side.  It will climb to a maximum altitude of about 150 feet, which is high enough for me.  

As I type this, I realize that there isn't much point in going on, until I have some more footage and photographs, so I will put this story on the back burner until after my next desert trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment