Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mojave Desert: The obligatory Jeep photograph...

Photograph by Scott Schwartz.
www.elpasomountains.blogspot.com

I was making my way through Goler Gulch (in the El Paso Mountains), when I took this photograph.

The reader can see that my Jeep Cherokee is completely stock.

I am more interested in exploring in my Jeep than I am in working on it, and I've found that the vehicle can take me almost anywhere without the need for any modifications.  Still, one has to be prudent; if there is any doubt whatsoever about the vehicle's or the driver's ability to negotiate a given trail, the driver should stop the vehicle, get out, and walk ahead.  The driver can then ascertain whether the trail, or section thereof, is within his or his vehicle's capabilities.

When in doubt, turn around, or check your map (you do DO carry a map of the area that you're exploring with you, don't you?) for alternate routes.  If there are none, enjoy where you are, take some photographs, and then head back.

That is what I have done here; those large rocks were a concern.  I checked the area on foot, and "plotted" my course after determining that the trail was passable.


No comments:

Post a Comment