Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Secret Cajon Pass...

I love exploring areas that are hidden to those who whiz by on the freeway; maybe it's the part of me that likes to be "different."  I took both of these photos along a trail that runs approximately one mile north of Lost Lake.  Most of the trail is a graded dirt-road, but there are a couple of very large mounds in the road which require higher ground clearance than that provided by a standard automobile, and there is a sandy spot toward the end of the trail (which dead-ends at a ridge which overlooks Lone Pine Canyon) which requires four-wheel drive.  


The photo at the top of the page was taken with a Nikon D7200, using a Nikkor 28-70 millimeter telephoto lens.  Settings:  200th/sec. at f.14.  ISO 250.  This rock formation is at the aforementioned ridge, which I hiked to.  It's a relatively short, uphill hike, and I didn't want to negotiate it with my Jeep, since I wasn't sure if there would be room for me to turn the vehicle around.  Plus, the exercise wouldn't hurt!



The bottom photo was taken on the same day, at a point along a flat portion of this trail.  

Equipment:  Nikon D7200, Nikkor 28-70 millimeter lens, 1/160th sec. at f.14.  ISO 250.





No comments:

Post a Comment