Saturday, September 1, 2018

The Alvord Mine...



The Alvord Mine has its origins in the 1885 discovery of gold in the surrounding Alvord Mountains.  Within a few years of the discovery, an outfit called the Carter Mining Company was operating here.  The company ceased operations in 1891, after $50,000 in gold was extracted from the mine.

The Alvord mine was re-activated on several different occasions during the early twentieth century, with the last operations ceasing in 1952.

Sadly, vandals have taken their toll, over the years.  Graffiti can clearly be seen, as the drone orbits the old building. 


I can't really be sure what this building once housed .  Was it the office, perhaps?  Someone's residence? 

This is a lonely spot; I've rarely seen anyone else out here.  

The stil photo was taken with my drone, as well.   Although I'm never without my Nikon SLR, the drone has greatly enhanced my ability to explore.  Naturally, there are rules governing drone operation, which must be obeyed.  

I will gladly summarize those rules, if anyone is interested.  Let me know, via comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment