Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Jeep Under The Stars.....

www.elpasomountains.blogspot.com

Just a fun photograph folks.  My old Cherokee in the El Paso Mountains.

I set my digital camera's ISO to 1500 and made a thirty second exposure at f 3.5.

Film's "ISO" rating refers to its sensitivity to light.  The higher the number, the more sensitive the film.

 Film with higher ISO numbers have more light-reactive silver molecules than film with lower numbers.  Therefore, photographers can use film with higher ISO ratings to capture images in low-light conditions.  The trade-off is that film with high ISO numbers produces grainier images, because the "grain" is actually made up of the larger numbers of silver molecules required to produce an image.

Digital cameras mimic this idea in that the photographer can alter the camera's ISO setting, and therefore adjust the camera's sensitivity to light.

It was 10 PM when I shot the photograph shown here; if I'd set my camera's ISO at, let us say, "200", I would have had to leave the shutter open for an hour, and the image would still have been too dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment