Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mojave Desert Petroglyphs: Sheep Spring...

www.elpasomountains.blogspot.com

I returned from my one-mile hike to the area where we had parked our vehicles, to find that some other people had arrived at Sheep Spring, as well.  These folks had parked their two Jeep Wranglers a few hundred feet to the south of us, and I could see a few people walking among the boulders on the hill.

Too tired to walk over to them, I decided to eat a sandwich.  While I was eating, the other people got back into their Wranglers and drove over to where I was sitting on my Cherokee's rear bumper.  "Are their petroglyphs in those hills that you were exploring?', I asked. "A whole lot of 'em" was the reply from one of the Wrangler-drivers.  "Great", I thought, as I thanked the gentleman for the info. I could have saved myself such a long walk.  But, I love just being out in the desert, and the walk was actually pretty nice.

So, here are two photographs of some of the many petroglyphs that were right near where we had parked.

Photograph by Scott Schwartz.  All rights reserved.
Photograph by Scott Schwartz.  All rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment