Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mojave Desert Photography: Desert Colors...

Photograph by Scott Schwartz.  All rights reserved.
1/50th sec. @f/16,

www.elpasomountains.blogspot.com

There I was, cruising through Rainbow Basin in four-wheel-drive-low-range, when I came across this scene.

I stopped my Jeep, got out, set up my tripod, and took this photograph.
Notice how I've divided the frame in half.  The clouds occupy the top half of the frame, and the bottom half is dominated by the reddish terrain.

If there'd been no clouds, I would have included much less sky in the frame.  Large areas of empty sky makes for, how else can I say it?....boring photographs.

The reader will also notice the color saturation.  Using a slower shutter speed generally results in richer colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment