Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Riding The Boom- Part II..

The metal detector was a portal into another, smaller waiting area.  While staring out the window at the blue buses that would take us to our KC-135, I saw the little Cessna 182 that I fly with the March Aero Club taxi by.  The wistfulness that I momentarily felt was replaced by excitement, after I remembered what I was here for.

After two and a half hours of waiting, we climbed aboard the buses, which took us to the North end of the field, where the KC-135's are parked.

Once we were stopped in front of our 50+ year-old aircraft, the boom-operator/load master came aboard the bus in order to give us our safety briefing.  It was hard to pay attention, as I could see the stair-truck easing up to the airplane through the darkened windows of the bus.

Briefing completed, we were ushered off the bus and toward the air-stairs.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment